EABP Science and Research Committee
The EABP Science and Research Committee supports projects that further the scientific aims and objectives of EABP and research projects within Body Psychotherapy. Also the committee would like to encourage a Scientific Mindedness among the practitioners in our profession. They will work to achieve these goals through the following:
- An initial Research Symposium has been planned for Tuesday 18th September 2012 after the EABP Congress in 2012. In principle the Board has agreed to make a scientific symposium a regular part of the biannual Congresses.
- The committee will act as a central point to communicate and build up a wider body psychotherapy research network.
- Research projects in body psychotherapy. Quite a few of them have been published in the past.
- The committee will work to define areas of possible research, to explore ‘partners’ in research projects; and how to develop strategies to support research and to help to get research published. Some Research Projects are already being undertaken and others have been put forward as possibilities.
- 5. The committee will work to encourage BP training institutes to develop academic links with universities, possibly to aid in research projects and possibly to help get Masters degree accreditation for BP training courses.